May 3, 2016
How to set up WordPress in Plesk
This post will show you how to set up WordPress in the Parallels Plesk Panel.
- Log into your Parallels Plesk Panel
- In the Application search box type WordPress and press the Search button.
- When WordPress is shown click on “Custom Install” (you can also cluck regular instal but it will install it in a /wordpress/ directory that most people will want to avoid.
- Accept the licensing agreements, and then click Next.
- When Prompted, enter the directory where you want to install WordPress
NOTE: Most people will want to install it at the “root” of the site = “/”
- Select a secure password to create your WordPress site’s admin user, and then click Install.
WordPress will be downloaded for installation. As mentioned in the video, now is an ideal time to Turn on Automatic Updates if you don’t plan to that on an ongoing basis to ensure your website remains secure.